Every student must contribute something that will improve the course for students in the future. Anything that you think will help other students is possible.
- Make a study guide: For each of the sections in the outline, make a 1-2 page summary of important facts that the students should know for the exam. This project could involve more students.
- A goal of the course is to enable students to read a recent scientific paper on microelectronics or micromechanics and be able to explain it. Find some recently published fabrication process and explain it to the other students.
- Some students work at a semiconductor company and are experts on a certain device or process. It would be useful for them to write a description or video about this device or process.
- Make a cut-out foldable model like the one in Appendix A of Franssila but draw the atoms on the surfaces.
- We are making a list of materials properties. The most complete example we have is of silicon. Add some materials properties of silicon or make a similar page for SiC, GaAs, SiO2, SiNx, or GaN.